St Mary's Courtyard
Client: St Mary's Hospital Trust
Construction of a new accommodation block containing 6 modern flats for the residents of the Almshouse Trust, within the Conservation Area at the centre of Chichester. Also included was the conversion of 1750’s Grade 2 Listed St Martin's Hall, providing a communal meeting space and facilities, with two Almshouse flats above and refurbishment and conversion of two Victorian terraced houses backing on to the courtyard development.
The courtyard development was a winner of in 2002 West Sussex Building Design Awards Scheme and was opened by HRH Prince Charles as Patron of the Almshouse Association.